Map of Our Adventures


View Our Florida Adventures in a larger map

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Alachua Splash Park

 
There are two playgroups we participate in already, one is with our church friends and the other is for all resident families.  For the resident playgroup this week, we headed 20 minutes north to the Alachua Splash Park. It's the perfect place to play on a hot summer day. Admission is FREE. It's fenced in so the kids can't escape. It's not a pool so I didn't have to actively participate in the kids play. And, my favorite part, it had beautiful grass. One thing, and probably the only thing, bad I have to say about Florida is they have crappy sawgrass everywhere. This park had what I like to call "golf course grass". It was really short, cool, and soft on your feet. I took my shoes of and walked around a bit. It made my day.


 


2 comments:

  1. Look at Will's face in that last picture!! SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun. Now how come you never came to our playgroups? JK

    ReplyDelete