Map of Our Adventures


View Our Florida Adventures in a larger map

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hogtown Creek Greenway

Right in the middle of Gainesville is a conservation area called Hogtown Creek Greenway. We decided to make it our first destination for our traditional Sunday afternoon walks. (This is a fairly new tradition and this was actually it's first week.) It had a nice walking trail, most of which was boardwalk, and the big trees gave it lots of shade.

 

We saw 3 deer just off this boardwalk. They were not big like in Wisconsin but Will still enjoyed looking at them. After seeing them he kept asking to see more animals. I wonder if he thought we were at the zoo.

 
We ventured off the trail to dip our tootsies in this little creek. When I say "we" I really mean Jack, Will, and Ed. Ben and I stayed safely on shore because I am a big wuss and don't want to risk getting leeches or have something nibble my toe.

 
It amazes me how sometimes they can be fighting and the next time you turn around they are holding hands, walking down the path like best friends. Soon after this picture was taken they started running and pulling at each other until one of them tripped and fell down. Oh well...it was cute while it lasted.

 

So much for looking at the camera BEN!

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING this!! So happy you have a blog! I'm lame and I like to live through others sometimes so I will be stalking this often :)

    ReplyDelete